Fulton, MD 20759
Reporting directly to the CAFO, the G/L Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of all general ledger accounts and will be held accountable for the timely preparation of monthly journal entries, cost allocations and reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules.
- Prepare and post monthly cost allocations;
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts;
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries;
- Deposit and post cash receipts;
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reports;
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Assist in budgets and forecasts;
- Assist with payroll administration;
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process;
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures;
- Monthly expense variance analysis;
- Month-end and year-end closing;
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies;
- Manage Fixed Assets;
- Responsible for assisting with special projects;
- Other ad-hoc accounting duties as assigned.
-2 to 5 yrs. Corporate Accounting (prefer exp. with government contracting/job costing) rather than public accounting or auditing
-Mastery excel skills, specifically with advanced formulas, pivot tables, and v-lookups, etc.
-1 to 3 years of Deltek GCS experience is a plus!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university and 2-5 years related accounting/job costing experience (a combination of qualifying education/experience may be considered);
- Mastery in MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills; detailed oriented with superb organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated customer service skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors and customers;