Registered Nurse - Foster Care - Immediate Need
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Ensure the health care needs of children in foster care are being met in a timely manner.
- Identify children at risk for health issues/exacerbation of illness and monitor closely.
- Attend Case Assignment meetings
- Assign New Entrant cases
- Provide resources, recommendations, and education to caregivers to maintain wellness
- Complete home visits as necessary to assess children’s health needs and provide education to caregivers
- Assist foster care families with navigating the Health Choice system in establishing a medical home for children in the BCDSS foster care system
- Prioritize care and contacts based on urgency- including ability to multi-task with accuracy
- Document case management assessments, activity, treatment plans and resolutions in CHESSIE and the MATCH database.
- Participate in Family Involvement Meetings as required
- Participate in staff, community, professional and inter-agency meetings and conferences.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Active State of Maryland RN License.
- 2 + years experience including Community Health